Sew Cute and Quirky is giving 25% off all purchases! Promotion ends on 05/31/2021.
Click here to see all designs by
Sew Cute and Quirky
This over the shoulder bag is perfect for a day out at the park, shopping or going to dinner. It carries everything you need. It has four interior pockets and a zippered closure. Two options are listed to make this fun bag. QT fabrics are featured on the cover of this pattern. Brilliance by Dan Morris and Fusion II by Ocllo Mason for QT Fabrics.
Finished Bag Size: 4” wide x 11” long x 11.25” high
Materials Needed: (If using directional fabric or fussy cutting, you may need more fabric than identified in the pattern requirements. If using heavier weight fabric than cotton, you may not need fleece or foam for the exterior.
• Fabric 1, Option 1: 1 - Fat Quarter of fabric 1- (Exterior top of the bag.) or
• Various Fabrics, Option 2: 1 1⁄2 “ x 8 1⁄2 ” strips of fabric of various color choices (15 strips of fabric on each side of the bag for a total of 30 strips of fabric needed for the exterior top of the bag).
Required for both option 1 or 2 :Fabric for the bottom of the bag, interior fabric, strap fabric and zipper
• 1 - Fat Quarter of Fabric 2- (Exterior bottom of the bag.)
• 3⁄4 yard of Fabric 3 (Interior of the bag)
• 1⁄4 yard of Fabric 4 for the bag straps (Pre-purchased straps can be used as well. Placement will be in the
same location. If using leather, cork or vinyl straps, metal hardware may be needed to attach the straps.)
• 1 1⁄2” yards x Width of one sided mid weight woven fusible interfacing (Ex: Shape flex)
• 1⁄2 yard of fusible or sew-in fleece interfacing or fusible or sew-in foam interfacing (Other alternatives may be used for individual preferred structure of the bag.)
• 12” bag zipper or longer or zipper by the foot/meter
• Optional: Bag zipper charm, bag feet, strap ends, Peltex (4” x 10 3⁄4” bag bottom insert)
Notions: Standard foot, zipper foot, coordinating thread, fabric marking pen or chalk, rotary cutter, cutting mat, scissors, clips or pins, 90/16 or 100/16 needle. A bias tape maker is useful but not necessary.