Click here to see all designs by
Sew Cute and Quirky
Make this trio of travel bags to organize your things. These make great gifts or can be used to protect your belongings while traveling. They are great for cosmetics, jewelry, shaving supplies, toiletries and more. This travel trio was made using Michael Miller cotton fabrics and Windham cotton fabrics.
Finished Bag Size: Large- 5”Hx3”Wx10”L Medium- 3 1⁄2”Hx2”Wx7 1⁄4”L Small- 2 3⁄4”Hx 1 3⁄4”Wx5 1⁄2 “L
Materials Needed: (If you have directional fabric, you may need more. If using heavier weight fabric than cotton, you may not need foam stabilizer.)
These fabric requirements take into account the amount of fabric needed for all three bags. If making one bag, less fabric and stabilizer is needed.
● 1 - Fat Quarter of fabric 1 (Top exterior fabric)
● 1 - Fat Quarter of fabric 2 (Top exterior fabric)
● 1 - Fat Quarter of a fabric 3 (Bottom exterior fabric)
● 1⁄2 yard of fabric for the interior of all three bags
● 1 yard of 20” wide Woven Fusible interfacing for all three bags (Optional but suggested)
● 1⁄2 yard of fleece, fusible fleece or sew in foam. If fleece is used, the pouches will be softer sided and collapsable with less structure. Foam will have a stiffer structure. If using canvas, vinyl, leather or a thicker fabric, stabilizers may not be needed.
● Zippers: **Zippers by the yard or meter can be utilized as well. 1 - 10” #3 zipper or longer (Large bag)
1 - 7” #3 zipper or longer (Medium bag)
1 - 6” #3 zipper or longer (Small bag)
Notions: Standard foot, zipper foot, coordinating thread, fabric marker, rotary cutter, cutting mat, scissors, clips or pins,90/16 needle.