Good Information to Know: What to Do When Your File Reads, "NO SEWING DATA"By Ashlea of Bunnycup Embroidery
We often get emails from PED users about the occurrence of a "no sewing data" message. So we would like to address this problem here and provide the reasons why this message occurs. There are a number of reasons we are aware why the PED software gives this message:
1) An unrecognizable file is being opened (ie not a PES file)
2) The file being opened has not been unzipped
3) The file being opened has been corrupted in download. The fix to this is to simply re-download and unzip your designs again.
4) The design is too large (i.e. more than a supported hoop) or there are too many stitches in the design.
5) Your software has not been updated for the most recent update to the software.
I would like to just address point 5) here and explain it in greater detail.
PES works on a number of different versions. Currently there are 6 different versions of the PES software and this is likely to increase in size as Brother develops their machines and PES files. If your software is not updated, it will not recognize later released versions of PES than what are current at the time of purchase.
Digitizers tend to update their own digitizing software on an ongoing basis, as it is important to us to keep our software up to date with the latest and greatest options and to keep up with all the new formats. As a result, our software will also save in the more recent versions. Consequently, it is also important that customers update the software and hardware that they use so that the software and hardware they are using keeps up to date.
Those customers who have downloaded the update from Brother have had 100% success in resolving this.
You can download the software update at the Brother website and just select the software type to be taken to a page to download the most recent service pack. Instructions on how to perform the actual update should be included in the download file.